A proper allergy diagnosis requires a thorough physical examination including a complete dermatological history. Clinical skills and experience help to differentiate the pet allergies from one with itchy skin caused by another issue. All other known causes of itching must be ruled out before hypersensitivity can be diagnosed. When other triggers of the symptoms can be ruled out, allergy testing should be your next step.
Identifying the cause of allergies
Allergy tests will help veterinarians and pet parents identify allergic triggers and put in place a successful allergy treatment for the patient. There are two kinds of allergy tests available: a serum (blood) test and a skin test. Your veterinarian will guide you regarding which test to use.
Our tests – Artuvetrin Test (Artuvet and Dr. Baddaky), Alergovet Olygo.3mab (Alergovet) and SPOT Platinum (Spectrum) – are known to be the gold standard in allergy diagnostics and be at the forefront with respect to sensitivity and specificity:
- Fast, specific and reliable results within 2 business days
- Suitable for dogs, cats and horses
- Designed for specific regions across continents
- Easy-to-read and interpret test results
- Recommendation for custom-made allergen-specific immunotherapy treatment
- Free, world-class support with our veterinary allergy experts